How is 2011 so far for you ? Here it’s very cold but so sunny, i want to think it’s a preview of what our year will be. The vacations are coming to an end as my husband went back to work today, and the girls are coming back to school tomorrow (and trust me, they’re A LOT excited about it).
I do not really make new year resolutions anymore. I found out that it puts too much pressure for me, like “I HAVE TO make it happen”. No I don’t, it’s better if I do for sure, but if it doesn’t happen it’s okay. No more “i didn’t achieve my resolutions” at the end of the year, it’s a huge relief trust me.
Instead, I set some Intentions for the new year. It’s slightly different.
I know some people don’t get the “Word of the year”, and I totally understand. For me, since I discovered it, it helped to focus. Like a little red thread to grip during the year when I feel I’m getting lost.
At first, I was going with THRIVE. Because I want 2011 to be a life-changing year, one of these years you’ll remember for ever for having taken HUGE steps forwards, for changing positively.
Then I thought of WOW but while thinking of it, it corresponds better to 2010 for me. So i put it aside with a smile on my face.
And yesterday night, as I was about to go to sleep, I finally signed up for DEEP (the next step after Connie’s BIG and The Tribe, that begins today. We’re about to dig deeper and deeper, wow !). And it striked me right in the face: DEEP is my word for 2011 along with THRIVE.
In 2011, I’ll THRIVE DEEP.
As soon as I’m done with the Sketchbook Project, I’ll create something as a reminder of this Intention.
My intentions for 2011 are (in no specific order):
- Make more videos, art related to share on Inner-Voices and personal ones to share with family & friends.
- Buy a home for my family (we have precise desires about it); which implies earning more money.
- Finish writing and editing my book.
- Spread the word about Gratitude Friday even more, I really wish I could reach hundreds of people with it, all around the World.
- Get my art published somewhere.
- Continue healing via Art Journaling, share more my process and what I create. Dig deeper.
- Learn Reiki and begin my Healing “me” for real.
As you see, there are big intentions, and smaller ones. I know some will require a constent attention, and a big work with my husband. We decided that from now on, we’ll both wishcast and manifest, not only me. I’m so happy he’s the one sharing my life.
Do you have a specific intention for 2011 ? Any idea of the steps you need to take to go there ?