Yes… this week marks my 26th birthday. Young ? Maybe. But it does not feel so to me. I love my girls trying to be quiet while comploting to make something special for this day with their Dad’s help. And my Koala always saying she hadn’t made me a birthday card yet and she has to do it soon because it is «the day after tomorrow !!!» (imagine the White Rabbit there).
So I decided to make it special myself here on the blog. I don’t know exactly how yet but we’ll see; bear with me please !
To begin, I thought it would be fun to share 26 things I think you don’t know about me. Maybe it would help us know each other better 😉
- I am an addict. A Nutella addict. But I am currently in desintox. Difficult with two young kids.
- I used to be depressed. And I’ve never been helped professionally for it then. No one really knew because I did my best to kind of hide the despair I was in. I was a teen.
- When I was very young, I wanted to be a trapezist in a circus.
- I love taking selfportraits. But I usually hate when someone else snaps a picture of me.
- I have 4 half-brothers on my father’s side. But they know nothing about my existence.
- My first «real» boyfriend was 9 years older than me. We stayed together for 2 ½ years. He is still my friend today.
- I am a Witch. Kinda.
- I love Paulo Coelho’s books. My favorite is «Veronika decided to die».
- I watch a lot of teen/young adult tv shows. The kind you only admit watching to your BFF, telling her she will be dead if she spills the beans about it.
- I don’t know how to draw.
- I love receiving snail mail and packages. I kind of get on everyone’s nerves when I know there is something in transit for me because I am like a child before Christmas.
- I took modern’jazz dance classes for 8 years.
- I thought I would become a cook and worked in a restaurant. This was the best job I had. I was coming home smelling spices all over me (and the smell in your hair and on your skin DOES stay).
- I met my husband on an esoteric centered forum in 2003. A friend had created a thread for the one of us who were singles to post like a newspaper ad telling what we were looking for in a relationship… and my husband answered to mine. I was not expecting falling in love at that time, I was still kind of having my ex in mind not that long ago before. It was the best participation I wrote in a forum 😀
- I started my alone adult life at 18, when I went out the cozy maternal cocoon after I graduated high school.
- I regret not having any University degree and having quit Psychology. But this stays one of my passions.
- I have a fascination for names, their origins, their significance.
- I sometimes secretely wish we will move more east in Canada… Ontario or Québec. For many reasons. Even if I do really really enjoy Vancouver.
- Marilyn Manson fascinates me. I am a gothic inside.
- Being a mom is sometimes a pain in the ass. Love is tested.
- I have no friend in Vancouver and feel very lonely here. I am so shy and always fear to bother people that I don’t insist when I am put «on hold» several times.
- I love houses and buildings, their shape, their stories…
- I am in the blogosphere since 2003. I first created a private blog, when things like typepad etc were not popular, i created it for my friends, when I started University. Then I spent my life on esoteric forums, managing the one I’ve created and that had several thousands members. And when I closed it, i started «themed» blogs: cuisine, reading…. I loved playing with HTML. I guess it was my way of being Geek.
- I believe I am an Old Soul and that one of my past life was hundred of thousands years ago (wishing someone could (in)validate).
- I don’t know how to meditate.
- I was Mel B in an end of year show during middle school, some girl friends and a boy friend and I did a choreography on one of the Spice Girls’ song.
Your turn know to tell me a secret about you, pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase ;D Just have fun and share in the comments.
See you tomorrow <3