Gratitude Friday is a weekly ritual I started in order to focus on all the small and big positive things that happened during my week. I invite you to join me, you’ll see how much being thankful can change your life. If you want to know more about it, read my introduction post.
Hello hello !
Well… for once, I am writing a bit in advance so I am sure you have a nice read with your morning coffee (or you are like me and browse your emails and reader before you even fully open both eyes *working on it guys. working on it*). See, I am in bed. Avoiding the conflicts coming from downstairs, trying to fill myself with why we can be such a great fit as a family most of the time but others as tonight, I wonder why we chose each others… I tried compassion, and understanding. I tried to guide my youngest daughter through an easy visualization with a rose quartz. But I failed. And we are now without a bedtime story, she is pissed, her father his pissed, I am sad, and her sister just does not really understand. So yea, I am taking the time in the chaos to still my mind and soothe my heart, counting my blessings instead of focusing on this precise event.
This week, I am thankful for:
- The Love package from my Sugababe the shiny Kelly Barton.
- The messaging/texting/emailing with my TrueSisters.
- The phone call from my big bro, just to tell me my first «I told you so», good laugh.
- My Husband, best friend of a decade today. 10.
- The cuddles.
- The hot bath with my book and some music.
- Speaking of music, I am loving the band Imagine Dragons right now.
- Shipping some care packages. Some «I am glad you are in my life» goodies. Planning on more.
- Knowing I will have a gift or two under the tree.
- Creating a project with both girls for Mindy’s next class, Wild Surrender.
- The snow we had *please, give me some more*.
- The amazing DT I am a part of for Lindy Stamp Gang.
I know it’s not such a wonderful time of year for everyone, for some reasons painful memories often tag along Christmas. I hope you know you are heard, and that the practice of Gratitude (which does not mean ignoring the negativity, but balancing it and focusing on its contrepart) can help you overcoming it.
If you wrote your Gratitude Friday on your blog, don’t forget to enter your NAME and URL below so I’m notified and can come to read you (you can also join by commenting this post):