Welcome on a new edition of my weekly ritual, Gratitude Friday (if you are not familiar with it, please go read how it came up and what it is about).
Find a place inside where there’s joy, and the joy will burn out the pain.
— Joseph Campbell
Today will mark the first day of the first real school break of the year so people celebrate (and rest). Here in North America, we have way less school breaks than in France (in which they happen every 6-8 weeks if I remember well. Yes, LOTS of breaks in France. However, the amount of things learned is higher too, so I guess it is about balance somewhere).
I usually don’t look forward the breaks because I do not drive yet so I am at home 24/7 with two daughters and we all go crazy over each other, in a bad way… BUT the idea of staying in our pyjamas if we want to, go for walks when we want to, family lunches, no more haste in the morning to have the bags ready, the girls dressed, hair done, fed… this I won’t miss for two weeks 😉
This week, I am thankful for:
- Good news about health for me and closed ones
- Make up
- Seeing my paintings go into new homes
- Bedtime stories (right now, we began the first book of The Magisterium Serie, The Iron Trial, by Holly Black & Cassandra Clare)
- Breaking Bad (yes, we are finally getting into the madness and started watching)
- Youtube videos as a way to learn
- Sexy & Sanguine, the ladies showing up as they are… and we are…
- The Christmas Show at the girls’ school was really good this year
- Sacred Adornments
- Food, always on the table no matter what
- Daily conversations with my Kindreds
- Creativity of all sorts
And I could go on. I am also grateful for the unknown, what is yet to come and out of my reach.
your turn <3