This Nixie to be strangely looks like my old Nixies..
It's that time again. Isn't it weird that sometimes I am finding myself in the middle of something, thinking «oh that would be a great random thing about me to share on the blog !» and smile. Yea... I am like that.
I even made a pretty button to go with my random infused blogpost
- I am obsessed with light. I call myself a «Light Hunter».
- Now that I am alone for lunch during the week days, I eat on my couch while watching tv. My own little lunch break from work and housing chores.
- I have sleeping issues since I am a teenager, and I am only now figuring things out (the «why» of stuff).
- At the beginning of my Fibromyalgia, my coping solution to fight exhaustion was to drink a Monster energy drink every single day, so I could just do what needed to be done.
- I am a witch of some sort. It is time for me to accept that again. I had a bit of a spiritual crisis during my creative blackout a few months ago, and I'm currently working things out to totally 200% be myself. I was lost for too long.
- My studio looks messy, but everything has its place. I love putting my things into labeled boxes. I label a lot.
- I dream of having my artwork being part of an art gallery exhibition (if you hear me, out there...).
- I am a tree hugger.
- I love jewelry. The unexpected weird kind of jewelry (just see my Etsy favorites to see what I mean).
- I sometimes wonder how my life would end, just out of curiosity. Because well, let's be honest, we all are born to die eventually...
I am currently working on two paintings for a very dear customer, each one has a story, a character on her own. I love that ! I try to stay myself (this is why you order a custom painting at the first place, because you want a piece of the artist for you, just for you, no ?) but be true to what my client wants. Not always to combine the two, especially when it is the first time (or well... the second time in my case).
Here is a pick of my studio, just before I started working.
I love the candles made by the shop ZenaMoon and often light the one that I feel connected to at the moment, I put my iPod to play randomly my playlist, do some Reiki, a prayer and start (I can't believe I am sharing that !).
And then I really wanted to start my studio session by a short stamp carving... I am not very good at it, I guess it will come with practice (and my stamp carving tool does not have fine small tip...).
I was frustrated so I end up not doing as much as I had in mind, but that's totally find. I don't mind much, I did it for fun and because it was on my mind for weeks (!!).
As you may now, it's important for me to create and record memories. This is why i decided to give Project Life a go, despite the fact that I'm far from being a scrapbooker.
I love love LOVE the fact that i can still put my creative soul into that by doing my own card fillers, embellishments and play around the really great photo pages protectors and cards by Becky Higgins.
Here is what my dining table looked like this afternoon:
I am crazy and am working on three different albums because i want each of my girls to have something to take when they'll leave our nest but still have something for us as well. And so i can focus on all the stories going on... Do i make sense ?
I try to forget the pressure of "do not forget this or that" and accept that it's totally okay to catch up, even months after the actual events.
Are you a Project Lifer ?
I told you that my neighbor came over everyday this week to paint along me in my Studio (we are direct neighbors in our townhomes row, so it is very easy to come ahah).
I shared with her my techniques and insights about my creative process.
We laughed at how «male-ish» he is looking. Knowing that I only do girls, it was quite a surprise ! But this painting is definately a «HE» and not a «SHE».
He is made on a 6x8" (15x20cm) cradled wood panel. The edges are still raw.
Here are a few of the materials I've used for this painting:
- Scrapbooking papers
- Acrylic paints
- Alcohol inks
- Spray inks (by Lindy Stamp Gang)
- Stencils (by The Crafter's Workshop)
- Different kinds of gel mediums, both matt and glossy. But all heavy or extra heavy
As each and every of my paintings, he has a message for you:
What are you born to be ? What is your Life Mission ?
Sometimes, you do not really need to know the answers to these questions to give the best of yourself in every situation, you do not need a precise response. Just have faith that whatever it is, you DO have a purpose, a reason you are here.
Remember that in moments of doubt and fear.
This is really about accepting that even when we don't have the answers to our question and introspection, it is okay. That everything is taken care of. However, we have to play our part in the «big picture» of it all...
Here are some more pictures of it (click to enlarge):