As I told you at the beginning of April, I embarked on The 100 Day Project this year.
On week 2, we had a long painful power outage. My ArtCave is located in our basement and it was about 10ºC (about 50ºF) inside our home. So let me tell you: no matter how badly I wanted to go paint in there, it did not happen for five days.
On the positive side
- It forces me to stretch my creative muscles
- I need to work on not boring myself
- It’s okay for me to explore new color palettes
- I have no
pressure,or almost none
- I will end up with 100 paintings in the same series: to me, that’s huge!
On the less positive side
- I do feel bad when a day is skipped
- Some days, it’s like I am just repeating what I have already painted
- I am afraid to get bored eventually
- what the fuck will I do with 100 paintings?!