Welcome on a new edition of my weekly ritual, Gratitude Friday (if you are not familiar with it, please go read how it came up and what it is about).
What a long and heartbreaking week it’s been around here. Being a Mom is not always a joy. I discover new sides of me I had no clue existed, new sides of me tht are not that pretty… I have been mama solo this week as my Husband was in a work trip in the US.
Add to that a driving lesson that got me into a panic attack an hour before… I am exhausted.
BUT I am always (always) looking for a bright side to everything, even when I just wish I could retreat from the entire world for a while and disappear a bit. Gratitude has a huge part in me crumbling but not falling.
This week, I am thankful for:
- Long hot bath with Epsom salt, candles, crystals, music and a book.
- My Mom, always there for me and never judging.
- My husband coming home today.
- The earplug thing on the Roku controller, allowing me to watch tv at night while my daughters were sleeping on each side of my bed.
- Not giving up on the Whole30 during this hard first week. Feeling already that I am less bloated.
- Self-portraiture as a personal therapy.
- Being part of the ColourArte’s video Design Team.
- My bed.
- Red lipstick and slick black eye liner.
I know many of you are using November as a month to be daily grateful. And I love seeing all those short lists on my Facebook wall. Tell me, what are you thankful for today/this week ?