As I was saying last year, I don't really like taking resolutions anymore. But I do like have goals to meet when the new year begins.
This is all over the cyberweb, this trand of finding/chosing a word to define your year to come. I see mine as a personal mantra, a line of conduct, sometimes I can turn to when I feel lost and don't really know in which direction to go.
This year, my mantra is a verb. I feel it like someone whispering or yelling it (kinda) at me when needed.
Expand my horizons. Expand my practice, spiritual and artistic. Expand Inner Worlds even further... and I don't know what yet.
I have this gut feeling that 2012 holds a lot of deep changes. Positive ones. With some waves because without them, the ride would not be as fun, right ? A turning point. Something that will shift the rest of my life, and of my family's.
I am currently working hard on a secret project. Something I've never done before. It has been whispered to me before, suggested by friends and strangers, and was downwright told it very insistently by Angels while my Angel Attunement. It's clear: I can't deny anymore that this is something I have to do and stop being afraid of the what if-s..... Too many coincidences pushing me this way.
This is the first step in following my mantra...
Do you have a word for 2012 ? What is it about ? Tell me all about it ;)
I know, I know... yet another post on the blogosphere about the end of the year. But I've been thinking a lot about this year already coming to an end, what I experienced (good and bad), about what I learned during the past twelve months.
It seems like yesterday I was making my plans for 2011. Did I meet all my goals (and there were not plenty of them!) ? No. I'm okay with it though. Because I learned A LOT this year.
Thanks to Goddess Leonie 2012 workbook and planner, I realize that I have made some big accomplishments (in my opinion):
I opened my Etsy shop, Inner Worlds, pushed firmly but kindly by my Fearless painting guru and friend Connie. It was a huge step for me. Showing the world i was actually there, asking for money in exchange of my art (i do still struggle with this sometimes, to be honest). And i made over 20 sales (may not seem like a good number for you, but I was sure not to sell a thing when I started!).
In february, I followed my gut and the idea of a personal project I simply called "365-selfportraits challenge", i started it in march. And it taught me to see me differently, to gain perspective on how I perceive myself. Even if i did not fulfill it, I so love self-portraiture that i may start it over in 2012. I want to do it for my girls and will ask them if they are interested.
I may do a more general 365-picture a year in 2012, I don't know yet...
I learned that there is growth in very bad health news. That despite what people think, positive thinking and Reiki do help. Even with cancer.
I am now a Practical Reiki Master and I am fully engaged in my healing learning process, helping anyone who kindly ask.
2011 taught me to trust deeply, without a doubt, that everything is okay and will get better and better.
I learned to give my friendship, sometimes to give it back. Despite how hurt I could have been. To give second chances. But there won't be third chances though.
I learned that miracles DO exist. Now, the missing pieces in my family tree are coming together. It feels good not to be a secret ghost anymore.
I followed my guts, asked the Universe, and received. This is how I went to Seattle, twice, to attend workshops in Teesha Moore's Artfest Annex. The first was from Teesha herself, this is how I finally met two online friends: Violette and Kym. Both were true life-changing experiences. I bloomed as an artist.
This painting was done during Flora Bowley's workshop and means a lot to me. I look at wondering how on Earth I could have painted it. Me. It is now hung on our wall, so I see it everytime I open the door.
Lots of my personal symbols. My heart is in there. Even with any Nixie lol
I just love the imperfections that fill it, me the perfectionist Virgo...
I am kinda back to writing, my first love. This book is still nesting in me, words wanting to go out but struggling because I keep them safely inside. I know I should not. And may 2012 be the year when they finally go out. For now, I am just sharing the stories my Nixies are whispering to me while I am giving birth to them.
2011 was tough. But eye and heart opening. And this is with a big THANK YOU that I let this year go to welcome 2012 in a few hours now.
I wish you all a wonderful new year.
My dear friend Anu invited me to join her in this new spiritual practice she wants to start.
We are paving our path with positive requests we gently make to the Universe about things we would like to happen during the month to come.
Of course, you are welcome to join us. You can address it to God, the Universe, an entity of your choice, your Higher Self... you chose what feel more comfortable.
The month of December is important to me...
For this last month of 2011, I would like my husband to feel loved on his birthday.
I would also like to find my Word for 2012, because it wold make me happy to have an intention to rely on when I feel lost (and You know it will happen...).
It would be amazing to see again the joy in the eyes of my girls on Christmas, and to me joy a delicious meal made with Mom. It's the first Christmas we will celebrate together since we arrived in Canada, so this is special to us.
Please, put my Nixies in the hands of new owners where they will be loved and needed.
I would deeply appreciate new opportunities to knock on my door. I am open to new experiences.
Please, keep my fibro away a bit so I can enjoy the end of year celebrations...
I trust you to bring in my life what I need, even what I am not aware of yet.
Your beloved Nolwenn.
Gratitude Friday is a weekly ritual I started in order to focus on all the small and big positive things that happened during my week. I invite you to join me, you'll see how much being thankful can change your life. If you want to know more about it, read my introduction post.
How was your week ? I hope that my fellow Canadians enjoyed their Thanksgiving week-end and did not have a food overdose ;)
My week was good, not that much in pain, same level of exhaustion but I guess I just have to go with it now, my husband was home both monday AND tuesday.
This week, I am grateful for:
- The messages I receive from readers of this blog and on Facebook, telling me how they love this Gratitude Friday because it helps them.
- The opportunity to teach.
- The time passed with my Husband and the fantastic Thanksgiving week-end we had.
- My friend Paola may be coming to see me with her family next week.
- My aunt's help with my mom. And my mom now have her plane tickets to come here. She will arrive on Oct. 25, which is very soon from now. I am over the moon.
- My mom got out of the hospital earlier than planned.
- The fact that my husband supports me that much. I know how lucky I am.
- Taking the actions so I can move forward in my life.
- Having shared this silly picture of mine publicly.
If you wrote your Gratitude Friday on your blog, don't forget to enter your NAME and URL below so I'm notified and can come to read you (you can also join by commenting this post):
Inspired by my amazing friend Anu, and because I so want to blog but try to limit my time on my computer, I want to share with you things I have been doing lately. Maybe with some pictures to go with it, just because ;)
- Art journaling my heart out. So the bad is not inside anymore (way more healthier than cutting my skin).
- Creating some Mail Art to finally ship out in the World.
- Went to my family doctor to speak of my issues and get some help. Get diagnosed with something I didn't want to hear but that I accept and do what I can to get out of this state.
- Exercise on my upright bike every other day. Goal is to do it every day.
- Signed up at Weight Watchers, and try not to be ashamed of it. First meeting tomorrow.
- Pray. Trust. Embrace.
- Cuddle with my girls, telling them how much I love them.
- Enjoyed a four day break with my husband for Thanksgiving.
- Revamped our old dinner table that is now a coffee table. Need to be doodled on.
- Did a family photo shot in UBC.
- Sent an email to an artist I really love about this big dream of mine.
- Felt lonely, and disconnected.
- Do daily Reiki self-healing, and daily distance healings to people who need it.
- Talked to my mom on the phone while she is at the hospital. Told her she is important to me and I can't wait to give her a real good hug in a few weeks (for those who don't know, she lives in France while we live in western Canada).
- Discovered the new Oprah's show, recording them to watch as I work.
- Enjoyed some shows over My Craft Channel (Heidi Swapp, Christy Tomlinson...).
- Listen and watch the videos from the World Biggest Summit.
- Noticed that something is shifting in my creativity, I feel kinda lost again. But I know it won't last.
- Shipped some orders to their buyers.
- Deeply breathed so I can go on.
- Congratulated Grenouille for her good grades but insisting that if it was not that good it would be okay too.
- Try to gather my fears so I can throw them away and finally get my online class together (are you excited ? ;)).
- Speak a lot with my dear friend Anu.
- Finally got the chance to tchat with my friend Paola.
- Sketch new girls, listening to their stories (still have to find them a general name).
- Took steps toward recovering the Nolwenn I know I am.
- Try to figure out why the hell i am again in a creative blur.