Hello Lovelies !
I finished my art journal yesterday… the video is currently exporting, will be uploaded for tomorrow (Saturday). Happy happy !
But it means that now I have to chose which of my blank journals will be number 3 to follow me on my path…
A few explanations, from the journal on top left to the one on bottom right:
- Three journals made following Julie Prichard’s online class “Supernova, the beginning” (unfortunately she closed it). I love them, they look quite «pro». If you look closer to the green one in the middle, the cover should remind you of something… These are the first I created myself.
- Journal with a spiral binding made by Samantha Kira. Paper is kraft cardstock. Can be interesting to see how paint and the other media I use would react on this !
- Two journals made following Rhomany’s awesome simplified (i think she said she simplified it a bit) coptic binding class. I kept the spine visible so I can see the gorgeous chain look. The green with dots is actually fabric covered bookboards as covers. The brown one is bigger, I made the covers with spackle to create texture and Lindy Stamp Gang’s starbust stains; I also painted all the first signatures so I can see pretty colors on the spine.
- My first fabric inspiration journal, Not a lot of pages, only one signatures. But lots of inclusions (i bought a few on Donna Downey’s shop to try). I can always add up to 3 other signatures if I want to.
- Journal big by its size but very few signatures. I did the sewn-on-tape binding explained by LK Ludwig. It contains lots of flips so I will play with opening horizontally, vertically, sometimes both. Interesting and can be filled quite quickly.
- The last one is the big 9″x12″ Strathmore visual journal for mixed media. But I think I will keep this one for my mind-mapping etc. Inspired by what Andrea Schroeder creates in her huge Moleskine <3
So what do you think ? Which of these pretty babies should be the lucky number 3 ?