OK… I am so far away from my original plan of posting once a week about what inspires me. But I am okay with it. Here and there is good too.
Right now, I have to deal with severe pain in my body and sometimes it is too much I can’t do anything, even sketching or painting hurt. BUT I keep track of what fuels my creativity so I won’t forget.
So here is, unsorted, what is currently filling my inspiration pool:
- This version of the song «Where is my mind», first sang by The Pixies, but the version by Placebo is the one that rocked my world when I was in high school. This version by Yoav & Emily Browning was discovered thanks to the movie Sucker Punch.
- Kate Crane (from the blog The Kathryn Wheel)’s DVD about Art Journaling. I love love love Kate’s style and was wondering how was she achieving these great backgrounds and collages in her journals. When I found out she was releasing a set of 2 DVDs about her techniques, I was over the moon and to me, it is definately worth the money.
- Judy Wise & Stephanie Lee‘s book «Plaster Studio: Mixed-Media Techniques for Painting, Casting and Carving». I love texture and am always looking for new ways to create some in my artworks. Plaster is a very good way to achieve plenty of different texture and this book is very well done. I am currently playing with compound joint and just found some plaster of Paris to play with as well.
- The new book from Misty Mawn, «Unfurling». It is filled with plenty of mixed media ideas. Not just journaling or painting. Here is her blog.
- Danielle Fraser (from Her painted word)’s art and journey. We have the same goal of sharing our story through art, I think.
That’s it for now.
What is currently inspiring you to create ? Would love to discover 😉
I’ll check out Placebo’s version right now. Do you know James Blunt’s version??
i’m still in the middle of the one above and I really like so far 🙂
No, I’ve never heard of a version by James Blunt, will have to check it out.