Gratitude Friday is a weekly ritual I started in order to focus on all the small and big positive things that happened during my week. I invite you to join me, you’ll see how much being thankful can change your life. If you want to know more about it, read my introduction post.
I’m happy it’s Friday ! This week did not turn out how I expected it to… I missed two steps in thr stairs while heading to the Studio and injured my knee. I am writing from my bed. I am in pain, yes, feeling useless, yes, but it is an experience that forces me to count my blessings even more.
This week, I am thankful for:
- Not having broken any bone.
- Not having broken my latpop in the fall (which I was holding), and that it’s still working properly.
- My husband who rushed from work and was able to work from home for a day.
- My neighbor who came right away when I called her, crying.
- Parenthood and other tv shows.
- Seeing the progress Koala is showing with her reading skills.
- Homemade chocolate chip cookies (finally found a recipe the 4 of us like !).
- The possibility to buy/find great (Christmas/birthday/anniversary) gifts for my loved ones.
- Becky Higgins’ free live class, still on today for the last day (but it is part of why I fell).
- Cooking in advance at the beginning of the week… as if I knew somehow.
- Friends. Family. «I love you-s»
- Danielle Daniel’s «7 Artists 7 Totems 7 Stories» project. Her book. Her Light.
- Voltaren cream.
- Good book (I am reading «City of Ashes» right now, by Cassandra Clare).
It’s really the little things that, put together, makes it all a better week than if I had focused too long on the pity party that was crawling on the back of my mind.
What’s in your Gratitude Bucket this week ?
If you wrote your Gratitude Friday on your blog, don’t forget to enter your NAME and URL below so I’m notified and can come to read you (you can also join by commenting this post): [linkme]