Welcome on a new edition of my weekly ritual, Gratitude Friday (if you are not familiar with it, please go read how it came up and what it is about).
My life currently feels like I am in the eye of a tornado. And when progress seems to be happening, steps backs are made… I am very thankful for the possibility to change our lives for better and have to remind myself almost daily that the storm will pass, we will eventually be settled etc.
It is all about the choices we make and thoughts we decide to give power to.
This week, I am thankful for:
- Sleeping in my own bed (versus hotel’s bed or the floor)
- Having a backyard
- Witnessing the squirrels
- Meeting and getting to know our new neighbors (one family is francophone, the other is anglophone)
- Unpacking, slowly but steadily
- Being at walking distance from the public library
- Letters my daughters are receiving