Gratitude Friday is a weekly ritual I started in order to focus on all the small and big positive things that happened during my week. I invite you to join me, you’ll see how much being thankful can change your life. If you want to know more about it, read my introduction post.
My heart is heavy for the family in Connecticut after this terrible shooting (I won’t start now about the gun policy in the US, this is not the place to do so). I hope that you won’t wait for a tragedy like that to hug and show love to your friends and family. Life is short (cliché, I know), so hug them when you want, not only when something reminds you that anything can happen (it is totally okay to hug tight your kids today, I will too).
This week, I am thankful for:
- Not being hurt (nor my husband or the other guy) after our car accident last Monday. Car is broken, we may have to pay more next year for our car insurance, but no one was hurt (just very sore and shocked). And the girls were not with us, which was a chance as it’s the back of the car that was hit.
- Our neighbors, taking care of the girls while we were dealing with all the paperwork.
- Kris Carr’s new book «Crazy Sexy Kitchen». Lots of possibilities, a way of cooking totally different from what I do, from what I know. But I feel it is what we need right now.
- Hope. I am sometimes feeling like it won’t get better. But it will. There is always Hope. Always.
- Good communication with my Golden Customer who ordered two custom paintings to me. Talking with her about the «behind» the paintings helps a lot lot.
- 9 years of unconditional love with my Husband.
- Having a health insurance that pays for my meds.
- The schoolbus driver that takes care of our girls. Her kindness.
- The group of ladies from Mindy’s class «Paint your story» on facebook.
If you wrote your Gratitude Friday on your blog, don’t forget to enter your NAME and URL below so I’m notified and can come to read you (you can also join by commenting this post):