Gratitude Friday is a weekly ritual I started in order to focus on all the small and big positive things that happened during my week. I invite you to join me, you’ll see how much being thankful can change your life. If you want to know more about it, read my introduction post.
I am still not used yet to write «2013» but I guess it will come.
I hope you all had a warm and beautiful end of 2012.
As the year begins, I feel hopeful for what is to come. And I am crossing my fingers that cherishing this feeling will help me make it last (so it does not become what of these things that happen only at the beginning of a new year, you know).
As I was re-reading some of my previous Gratitude Friday posted here, I noticed that it is totally okay to be thankful for the same thing over and over again.
This week, I am thankful for:
- My Mom’s visit in a few months. Struggling to find plane tickets that won’t cost her an arm or two *but we’ll find it. Any good vibe appreciated*.
- My Mom’s blessing for one of my big projects.
- Writing poetry again. I never was one of those who make beautiful poems, but more one going for the less-conformed way.
- My Husband’s winter break with us. It was not as long as the girls’ but still so happy for it (this is a time of the year we wait for).
- The snow we had. It is always beautiful, especially when you know you can go out to enjoy but there is no obligation doing so.
- New Year’s Eve at our neighbors for a great game night. And Rock Band (yes, we the adults played Rock Band. It was my 1st time).
- Staying in my PJ’s all day if I want to, as the girls are not at school until Monday.
- My bro’ called me for wishing me a happy new year.
- I finished my project on time, in a very tight deadline. I hope to be able to share more about it with you next week.
- Leonie’s Business Workbook+Planner that is so helpful (I talk a bit more about it here).
- Knowing deeply in my bones that this year will be another turning point year, all for the best (knowing that it always comes with challenges, but I am ok with it).
- Reconnecting with my roots.
- Watching marathon of the tv shows we love so much, my Husband and I (right now, we have begun Supernatural all over again. And we’ll do the same with The Mentalist, and probably Lost and Heroes too *we actually never watched the end of the last two ! and are spoiler-free about it*). And discovering new ones. Oh I will probably indulge in watching Gilmore Girls again, just because it is one of the greatest show to me.
I am filling my heart with everything that makes me happy, and leave out the rest. Just because I now know how precious energy is and how easy it is wasted.
I am in the process of listing new products, and new variations to what already exists (nothing HUGE yet, but small steps are good too in my opinion). I know it is already January but I am working on the Nixies Calendar, all by myself this year. I have to create the template myself as I was not able to find any free one.
Please, feel free to share <3
If you wrote your Gratitude Friday on your blog, don’t forget to enter your NAME and URL below so I’m notified and can come to read you (you can also join by commenting this post):