Thank you for staying around when my life went downhill for a while. I was expecting it to happen, but maybe not as much as it did.
Today is April 1st and the lovely Effy is inviting us to dust off our blogs in doing another round of Blog Along with Effy.
Today is also the day my lesson is up in her year-long class Book Of Days. It’s not too late to join us! The community and love are absolutely fantastic, everyone cheers everyone and in the current times, it feels like honey on my heart.
I strayed a bit from my usual Nixies and went a completely different road in my journal for this. This is both scary and exciting at the same time 🙂
It’s almost 8 am here in BC and my brain is foggy. So to start this month-long project, I will just unload my brain a little, maybe it will help (you can read my previous Brain Dumps right here if you’d like). In no particular order..:
- Waking up around 5 am every morning makes the days seem way longer than they actually are. Good thing I AM a morning person…
- This college semester is nothing like the first one. I wake up, study, attend Zoom classes, study, think about the exams and projects, try to rally my different teams, study…….. It is overwhelming, to say the least.
- Moving across the country SUCKS.
- I can not wait to be in our home in two days. However, the idea of emptying the storage room where our entire life resides at the moment is not something I am looking forward to (note: my husband and I will have to do it all…).
- I am excited to set up my new creative space. We have not seen our new home in person yet so we are not sure about the actual room sizes. I hope to be pleasantly surprised and no the other way around.
- Huge relief: our daughters love their new school so far (they are in grade 8 and in grade 10).
- My Mom gets her vaccine in two weeks (she lives in France).
- Exhaustion and anxiety are deep today.
- Music and books keep me sane. This is the good side of not having a TV in our bedroom where we are temporarily staying.