I’ve been sick for a few days weeks, but I’m finally now feeling like myself again. Little by little. One day at a time.
I started to write a whole other thing after that first sentence below and then decided to erase it. It has to do with all these stories I tell to myself, and it felt old and a voice in my head told me «you need to rewrite this story you keep telling to yourself, Darling». So I listen and decided to delete it from here.
Sometimes (ok… often), I find myself comparing with other artists. Even if I know each of our paths are different and filled with different successes and challenges, I can’t help but compare. However, what is always always there is that feeling of being blessed: I do have the chance to work/ from home. I do what I love, even if I wish more of/for it. A lot of learning since 2008 when I somehow started this creative journey I embarked on, a lot. I am forever thankful for that.
NOTE: I actually wrote these first paragraphs above in 2013 (!!!). As I am going through the 24 drafts posts currently existing on my blog, I found this and thought I could add to it.
I have not created anything since I filmed my lesson for Book Of Days, a few months ago. I am now settling down in my new space and it is smaller than the two previous studios I had. However: I do have my own space in our downsized home and that’s amazing.
On Fridays, I use to have this series of blogposts titled Gratitude Fridays and thought even though today is Monday, it would be a good moment to express gratitude.
Lately, I am thankful for:
- The weather in BC has been beautiful this week, sunshine, warmth and blue sky
- The girls still enjoy their school, crossing my fingers this will stick for the next few years
- Slowly but surely, we are making a home out of our new house
- I’m extremely busy with college classes and papers/projects but my grades are really satisfying
- My Mom got her first shot regarding the covid-19 situation
- I might take back some foodie projects I had set aside
- Sushi from the west coast (do I really need to say more?)
- I got an unexpected custom Etsy order and this makes my heart flutter
- This nice feeling of getting shit done
- I drove alone the 50 kilometres that separate our home from the YVR airport. We had to return the location vehicle and the taxi charge would have been high so yeah, I drove the rental. It was the first time I was behind the wheel all by myself for such a distance. I know I am 35 and it should be a breeze but trust me: driving is something I enjoy but that scares me a lot.
- Mae found me the Monster Papillon I have been looking for and even though I know energy drinks are no good for you… it helps on days when fibro is acting up.
I would love to support you and if you feel like it, you can share a few things you are grateful for right now and see if a shift happens in your mood <3